Monday 9 November 2015

Of Lice and Mums


So, my entire weekend was dedicated to head lice.

I guess most mums, especially those that have daughters, have encountered these terrifying monstrocities at least once in their lifetime. Well, for me it was a first, so you can imagine my shock when I saw a big fat louse tightrope walking on a strand of my daughter's hair.

THE HORRORS!!!

But I learnt a few facts about lice that day and thought of sharing my newfound wisdom:

1. Head lice are for mums, what monsters under the bed are for toddlers - they can give you NIGHTMARES.

2. No matter how squeaky clean your child's hair is, she can still be infested with this plague.

3. They multiply fast and how. If left untreated, you can find an entire louse village up there, in just a couple of days.

4. Once you are done checking and treating your child's hair, your own hair will begin itch for days,   no matter what you do to get rid of the itch.

5. You will feel as though hundreds of mini beasts are crawling all over your head, for days to come. Believe me, you don't have a single louse; it's all in the head (pun intended).

6. Most head lice treatments, DO NOT destroy the eggs, even if they claim to.

7. Once you start checking your child's head, every single speck of dust will look like a louse.

8. After the head lice killing spree, your bathroom will remind of a minuscule battlefield, especially if you have just watched the dvd of Asoka.

9. It is as difficult to get rid of the lice treatment  lotion from your head, as it is to get rid of the lice.

10. Head lice are by far one of God's most horriblest of creations. What was He thinking?

Have you got any head lice horror stories to share? Just click on "comments" below ;)

Until next time, happy nit-picking.


Keep smiling. Keep ROFLing. Life is Beautiful :)

4 comments:

V. Khawani said...

You are just too good :) Reminds me of my childhood days... Now I can understand what my Mom would have gone through..

mb said...

Ha ha ha made my day now reading this hilarious version. Thankfully done with lice murders during my kids school days. Had hard time and almost on verge of going bald. But well no treatment works that's true too

Hansa said...

Thanks and yes... hehehe :)

Hansa said...

LOL @ lice murders and going bald :) Thanks :)

Post a Comment