Monday 5 October 2015

Mona ki B'day ke liye Kuch Bhi Karega


MONA SINGH began her career as a model, but it was her role as Jassi in the show Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin that catapulted her to fame. As Jassi, she became the voice of the middle-class women of India. She embodied their values, their dreams as well as aspirations.



Have you ever wondered how JJKN characters would wish Jassi on her birthday, if it was still on air?

So ladies and gentlemen, young and old, far and near, in order to usher in Mona's birthday, I have done, what even T&D have not been able to do... I have gathered together, once again, the entire cast (well... err... almost) of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin...

DRUMROLLS...

Happy Budday Jassi. Mera ashirwaad hai, tere saare sapne ek din zaroor poore honge.

Apne uss Armaan Suri se keh dena - meri Queen Victoria ka birthday hai. Woh aaj office nahin aayegi. 

 
Happy Birthday beta. Babaji ki kripa tujhpe hamesha bani rahe. 


Jassi budhu, mai tera birthday bhool sakta hoon? Mujhe pata tha mummyji ne garam-garam jalebi banai hogi, isliye breakfast bhi nahin kiya.

Damn it Jassi. Tumko pata hai mujhe kuch yaad nahin rehta. Kamse kam apna birthday cake toh order kar sakti thi?

Chasmish, mai kaisi lag rahi hoon? (a long flutter of false eyelashes)... Btw, happy birthday.

Oh my God Jassi, tumhara birthday hai? Party se pehle mere paas aa jaane. Try karunga ek ugly duckling ko sundar banane ki.


And now a treat for Mona's fans. Here are some of your favouritest scenes; a big thank you to  Rupali for kindly uploading them. 

1. KAISE RAHUN CHUP KI MAINE PI HI KYA HAI:


2. EK GARAM CHAI KI PYAALI HO:


3. YE SEAT BELT TOH... PYAAR KA BANDHAN HAI:


4. TERE JAISA YAAR KAHAAN:


5. PHOOL TUMHE BHEJA HAI JASSI:


Later this month, Mona will be back on our TV screens with a bang as Preet  in Ekta Kapoor's Pyaar ko ho Jaane do. Here's wishing her the very best. Hope the show breaks all previous trp records.


Have a wonderful birthday Mona. You know, Jassi was not just a fictional character for me. She was someone I could identify with. She came into my life when it was at an all time low. She gave me back my self confidence, she gave wings to my dreams and friends for life. And for this Mona, I will remain indebted to you, forever.

RELATED POSTS:

Jassi Jaisi koi Nahin - 12 Years on

Shopkeepaa... Cake Dena... Hanji... Benji

Aur Nikal Padhe Hein Dil ke Armaan


Keep smiling. Keep ROFLing. Life is Beautiful :)

10 comments:

V. Khawani said...

Wow...you reminded me some beautiful moments of this show ! Feel like watching it again. They had started showing it on different channels a couple of times but unfortunately stopped showing after a few episodes.
Thanks for all the wonderful memories !

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mona! We wish you all the best for your upcoming new show! I hope it breaks all the TV records!
Thanks a lot, Hansa for putting up this beautiful message. It takes be back to JJKN days' golden memories!

Hansa said...

I don't know why they keep starting and then stop. Dikhana hai toh saare episodes dikhao. And yeah, when we were watching and selecting these scenes, I also felt like watching it all over again :D

Hansa said...

Am glad you like it :) Thanks :)

Meena said...

ok i dnt know if my comment came before or not and in case it comes u can delete this comment ok

ths post took us down the memory lane the day this chashmish came into our lives and how did we connect to the character dont know but jassi did make us many friends and took us to new high .. those days were awesome
wont get jassi jaisi koi nahi again but wishing mona a very happy birthday

and hansa what a write up and all the beautiful scenes including my personal favourite.. hhee

Hansa said...

Thanks Meena. Glad you liked it :)

illusions said...

Such a cute write up Hansa di.. thank you for taking me back to our dreamland.. loved it..:)

Hansa said...

Thanks dear :)

Rajbijz said...

I did not watch much of the show as I lived abroad and didnt have TV and that time was not big into watching shows online. But whenever i came down to visit my parents, I would watch it with them cause they loved it. They way u wished her Happy budday , is bang on and I visualised and said it the way they would wish her. I forgot the character name of Ms Khan but ya she would not wish her - lol. Jassi I think was this rare show which made everybody laugh and root for the under dog. She prooved that looks and fashion don't matter as long as heart is clean. Her never say die attitude, freshness and awesome spirit was infectious and I can understand that it cheered you when you were down. Loved your writing, likhti raho and keep us entertained and yes your writing brings a big smile to me. Keep it going :)

Hansa said...

Thanks a lot dear :) Ms. Khan name in the show was Mallika Seth :)

Post a Comment