Monday 14 September 2015

Yaadon mein kitni dafa... Na Bole Tum Revisited


After reading my last blog post, a friend asked - "How did you cope after JJKN ended?"

"I swore never to get so attached to another show again," I replied.

I succeeded in doing just that for seven years.

Then NBT happened.

And Mohan Bhatnagar.

Now that Kunal Karan Kapoor's Doli Armaanon Ki is also ending, I took a walk down Juna Mohalla yet again and found myself chuckling as I remembered some of my favourite scenes  from Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. 

Here's a handful from my long list of favourites:

1. MOTHER'S DAY:


I always crack up whenever I watch this scene. It is from one of the earlier episodes, I think the fourth one. This scene was perfect in setting the tone as well as the dynamics of four main characters, namely Mohan, Megha, Nanhi and Addu, that we would be witnessing in the rest of the episodes to come.


2. THE INFAMOUS AD:


This scene was totally brilliant. The comic timing, the expressions, the dialogue delivery of every single actor in this scene were spot on.


3. FINDING NANHI:

I've watched this scene like a hundred times. The way Mohan emerges from the mist in the soft blue twilight, holding Nanhi as though she's a fragile porcelain doll and the most precious thing on earth - the scene has so much tenderness, warmth and softness that no matter how many times I watch it, it never ceases to touch me.


Btw, did you guys know that in the long shot of this scene, the girl in Kunal's arms wasn't Ashnoor? This is what Kunal says about the scene - "that scene there's a shot where I'm walking in the distance,the long shot...that girl is a duplicate..Nanhi wasn't available due to her studies..but then returned the next day..I love that scene too."


4. KIS HAQ SE:


This scene was my hook, line and sinker moment. No idea what I'm talking about? Check out this post - When Kunal Shrugged


5. THODI SI TOH LIFT KARA DE:


Two people stuck in a lift for one whole hour - BORING. Not so, if the two individuals happen to be Mohan and Megha. In the entire mahaepisode of one whole hour, all that we saw were these two stuck in a lift. And yet there was never a dull moment. Such was the chemistry between Megha and Mohan; the unsurpassable acting of Kunal and Aakanksha and the spell cast by NBT on its audience! Not to forget Mohan's rendition of Kishore Kumar's pyaar maanga hai tumhi se... LOL LOL LOL.



NBT came into our lives when most Indian shows on TV were reeking of foundation and suffocating under heavy jewellery and whisked us off our feet with its simplicity.

SIGH!

Sunn na, why do all good things have to end?

So NBTians and Kunalians, if you were to pick ONE favourite scene from NBT, which one would it be? Do share in the comments below.

And suggestions for future lists, most welcome :)


Keep smiling. Keep ROFLing. Life is Beautiful :)







10 comments:

vijimeenu said...

Can't specify one scene...whole NBT is in my heart....
Can't afford to loose Kunal again...( in tears) :-( :-( :-(

Jonah Stefilla said...

Awesome yaar ... And a scene which touched ... There are so many ... I love the scene when he comes and saves Megha and talking with her in tea stall ... Good things will always happen for good people .... Can't forget that dialogue...wants A gentleman... Who is supportive to us ... And as well .. Mohan gets drunk... Proposal...awesome..and Megha's engagement ... Changing the ring... Awesome scene...

Sim Sim said...

awesome!!! just love it !!!

Sharmila said...

Wonderful article Hansa... Loved it so much...
NBT1 came into my life when our family was going through a huge crisis..this show became my source of happiness and inspiration..
Soon MOHAN BHATNAGAR started ruling my heart.
From Mohan I became mad fan of Kunal Karan Kapoor... the character MB plays a huge role for my fanism for him.
Regarding scenes... there are toooo many...
Searching Nanhi
MahaShivratri
Holi
Mohan's first confession
Lift scene
Dabba party at PL
Entire Farm house segment
Mohan-Megha on the terrace.. when Mohan says..
"Agar kisi se bhi shadi kar sakte ho,toh mujhse kyun nehi"
Most Favourite certainly..
MB's famous Drunken scn
Then... the scn pf MM in PL's corridor.. "Meri duniya bhi tumse hai aur khushiyan bhi.."
Hansa.........It's an endless list...

Hansa said...

Aww... don't worry. He'll be back in a better show soon :)

Hansa said...

Yeah, all those scenes were awesome Jonah. So many memories :)

Hansa said...

Thanks Sim Sim :)

Hansa said...

Oh, am sorry to know that Sharmila and glad too that NBT helped you cope with the crisis. And I agree, there are too many good scenes, to be able to pick just one :)

Unknown said...

You know Hansa di , i was already missing NBT and Meghan and after reading this post of yours i miss them even more !
You included some of the most amazing scenes here.
Splendid article ! Amazingly written <3
Lots of Love <3

Hansa said...

Thanks Lavleena :)

Post a Comment